Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How to Stay Connected to Your SOURCE (Part 1)

Before I show you how to stay connected to your SOURCE as I promised in the last installment on this series, let's pause a bit and check what we have covered so far. What I set out to teach you is A Simple, 3-step System That Pumps Money Into Your Bank Account Like An Invisible Paymaster.

The three steps are: Learn It, Do It and Sell It.

Invisible Set

Learn It is the code I used for the process you go through when you set out to acquire knowledge. Whatever it is that will make people to pay for a legitimate service you render to them, you must first learn how it is done or you must find a way of adequately rewarding an expert who knows the thing very well to partner with you.

As I explained, most people find it easy to go for this first step. Today, many Nigerians have come to realize that acquiring knowledge is a vital key to success and so they are investing both their time and money on it.

Do It refers to actually doing the thing you've learnt. That is, putting it into practice, with the objective of mastering it. This is where most people are failing. They think once you've learnt something, you are automatically qualified to get paid for what you know.

No, it doesn't work that way. You must first turn your knowledge into a physical product or service and offer it to somebody as something that adds value to them. When you do that, then the Invisible Paymaster will step in and start filling your bank account with money.

Unfortunately, the knowledge you acquired is not enough to get you to this point. You have to first of all master the process by doing it over and over again until you perfect it. It is then and only then that you can step out and start offering the product or service for sale.

Available statistics show that well over 90 percent of those who acquired one knowledge or the other find it difficult to get past this stage. What causes them to stumble? I pin-pointed 12 reasons and analysed them in detail in my previous write-ups. Are there ways to overcome the challenge?

The answer to that led us to examining two powerful barrier removers. I identified them as [1] having a definite purpose and [2] knowing your SOURCE and connecting to Him. Definite purpose simply means identifying where GOD wants you to be and refusing to accept anything less, no matter the odds that you face in the process of getting there.

In order for you to have a definite purpose and be able to surmount the odds before it is delivered into your hands, you must not only know your SOURCE, you must also connect to HIM and stay connected to HIM.

Your SOURCE is GOD, your Creator. Without Him, you can of your own do nothing meaningful that will last and give you peace of mind. For "the blessing of the Lord makes one rich and He adds no sorrow with it" [Proverbs 10:22].

This is the point that we got to in the last installment on the subject. So now you know the SOURCE of all that is. You also know how to connect to Him and welcome Him into your life. Now, how do you stay connected to Him? That is what we want to examine in this installment.

Basically, there are SEVEN things you must observe to stay connected to Him. They are:

[1] Walking in truth

[2] Being faithful

[3] Being diligent

[4] Being a committed tither

[5] Sowing ceaselessly and not sparingly.

[6] Believing in your SOURCE and

[7] Saying with conviction whatever your SOURCE says you are.

Those are the fundamentals. If all these attributes are in place, there is no doubt that you will be unstoppable. Yes, you will be above only and not beneath. And you will lend to many nations and you'll not borrow.

Sounds exciting? I agree with you. So, come with me as we look at each one of these seven basic ingredients for staying connected to your SOURCE.

Walking In Truth

What does it mean to walk in truth? First, we must define what truth is. According to the Bible, the Word of GOD is the truth. "The entirety of Your word is the truth," says the Psalmist. See Psalms 119:160a. Also see John 17:17.

Before we go far, let me quickly make one point clear. The Bible is the only authentic source for the Word of GOD. We are going to rely 100% on it for everything that has to do with our SOURCE. It's His manual for us. Whatever is not found in it has no basis for our subject.

With that said, Walking in Truth would, therefore, mean acting on the Word of GOD. Doing what the Word of GOD says. Obeying it completely and not partially.

A few examples of how to Walk in Truth.

The Word of GOD says in Philippians 4:6 [the Amplified Bible translation]: "Do not fret or have anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to GOD."

Now, if you've been plagued by the worrying and fretting disease as I was before I began to align my thinking with the Word of GOD, you know that this is easier said than done. For a long time, I was convinced that if there was an Olympic sport for people who fret and worry, I would win the gold medal hands down.

Such was my great ability at worrying that I would be so tensed up I wouldn't be able to do anything for hours and days. In fact, I used to be so worried that I would fall sick as a result. But when I started to learn how to walk in truth, I began to gain my freedom from this terrible habit.

Because worrying is a negative habit, any small thing can trigger it off. For example, if I sent one of our children on an errand and I reasoned that he was taking long for him to return, I would start to imagine all kinds of things. And the longer it took for the child to show up, the worse I would feel.

Some other times it could be a bill that was due to be settled. The moment I remember it and realized that I had not figured out how I would be able to pay it, I would break out in cold sweat. Anything and everything could get me to start worrying. Even if I was making positive progress in a project I was handling, it was enough reason for me to start worrying. I would think, maybe the reason I was achieving my targets easily was because I was about to die.

But, as Master Jesus says in John 8:32: "And you shall know the truth; and the truth shall make you free," I embraced the truth in Philippians 4:6 and began to gradually walk in it until today that people who are close to me have come to the conclusion that nothing seems to bother me.

Now, it's not that the devil has given up trying to get me to worry. But each time it tries to harass me that way and I remember what the Word of GOD says in Philippians 4:6, it neutralizes it automatically.

And that brings me to the second example I want to use to illustrate this point. My Bible says in Isaiah 1:19: "If you are willing and obedient you shall eat the good of the land." To walk in the light of this truth, it simply means you must first be willing to do what GOD says in His Word and then go right ahead to reverence GOD by doing it.

Without a combination of the two, that is, without your willingness to do what He says and then obediently acting on it, you will not get the desired result. GOD will not compel you to do what He says in His Word. He doesn't force you to do anything because He has given you free will. He will not violate your will.

But if you demonstrate your willingness to do it and then go ahead to do it, you can be certain that whatever it is that He promised, like for example that I should not fret, He is well able to see to it that the thing that was going to cause me to fret did not happen. That is why we His children say He's a faithful Father.

Okay, let's stop here this week. Next week, we shall continue to explore how to stay connected with your SOURCE once you discover Him.

How to Stay Connected to Your SOURCE (Part 1)

Dr. Sunny Obazu-Ojeagbase is the publisher of the nationally acclaimed monthly magazine, SuccessDigest and founder of SuccessDigest Leaders' Club. His publications have helped thousands of people to launch their own successful businesses. To learn more about him and how you may profit from his wealth of experience visit http://sunnyojeagbase.com.

0 comments:

 
Jewelry Rings-Invisible Set - Templates Novo Blogger